1) go against the trend of the times
2) against the trend of the times
3) go against the stream
4) stem the tide; stem the oncoming tide
5) trend [英][trend] [美][trɛnd]
In order to build the Party into the firm leading core in the socialist construction, the most important thing for the Party to do is to keep the Party permanentally full of life, vitality, vigor and progressiveness; and at the same time, the Party must march in the van of the times and go with the trend from beginning to end, and user in a new era by continually developing new theory.
要始终保持党的先进性 ,既要始终走在时代前列 ,又要始终顺应时代潮流 ,更要不断以理论创新推动时代进步与发展。
6) the new trend of the times